Monday, May 11, 2015

These last 2 CRAZY weeks!!!!!!

If you will, please let the parents of Mrs. Brown's class know to check MY blog! This is the only way I have to communicate with them and they need to know all of this information too!!!!

These last two weeks are going to be super crazy busy but we are going to make it through to SUMMER!!!!! Here is a quick break down of every thing that will be happening:

  • 12th - Field Day from 1-3 (2:40 for the lower building)
  • 13th - Honor's Day and Pageant rehearsal at 1:30 in the lunchroom for those participating
  • 14th - permission forms for AR party due 
  • 18th - AR swimming party
  • 19th - baseball/softball game
  • 20th - kindergarten graduation
  • 21st - End of the year party and 6th grade graduation
  • 22nd - Last day dismiss at 10:00!!!
Field Day - Check the homework folder for a flyer about this! Swimsuits can be worn UNDER clothes. I will help them apply the spray sunscreen. Please be sure to send money for snacks and drinks in an envelope or bag labeled with your child's name and my name. Check the flyer for anything I have forgotten!

Honor's Day -  The program will begin at 9:00 in the lunchroom. This program will include A and AB Honor Roll, Top 3 students in each subject, Reading awards, BUG awards, Thumbs Up Awards, and probably some others that I am forgetting. Please make plans to attend! Your child is welcome to check out after the program. Please be sure to sign them out in the classroom before leaving campus!

AR Swimming Party -  Please check the homework folder for the permission form and note about this party. The permission form MUST be returned by this THURSDAY!!!!! I am planning on going to the Rec. Center with the 3rd graders that are able to attend. If you have any further questions please let me know and I will do my best to find out an answer.

Baseball/Softball Game -  Right now I only have two dads from my class that have volunteered to help with the game. I am not sure about Mrs. Brown's class. If you would like to volunteer to help please let me know ASAP so I can make sure we have enough help. You can email me at rwoodham@pikelib.com. If you would like to help with the food and cooking for that day let me know that as well.

End of the Year Party -  Our party will be at the Troy Country Club. Mrs. Melanie Connell has offered to help with the planning and organizing of the food for the party. Mrs. Brown's Class is going to provide the hamburgers, condiments, and chips. I am asking that my class provide the drinks and desserts. You may send sodas, waters, Capri suns, Gatorade, etc. as long as it is in a bottle or can. (No drinks that will require a cup and ice.) Please let me know which one you would like to bring so that I can make sure we are going to have a even number bringing both items. We have a total of 38 students plus any parents that are attending, so please keep this in mind when buying your drinks and desserts. If you are planning on attending the party, please e-mail Melanie at melanieconnell2000@gmail.com. She needs a head count for the hamburgers that will be needed. I will let you know about the times of the party tomorrow. I need to double check on somethings before I tell anyone a time to be there.

Last Day of School - We will be dismissing at 10:00 on the 22nd instead of the normal noon dismissal!!!! If your child is planning on attending school that day, please make arrangements to have them picked up at 10:00!!!!

I have probably forgotten something important so be sure to check this blog all week for updates!!!! As I think of things, I will post them. If you know of something I have forgotten please e-mail me and let me know!!! I appreciate all of your help in making this year wonderful!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment